A personal injury can bring about financial losses like medical bills and property damage, to emotional losses such as physical pain and suffering. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, they may be responsible for paying financial compensation for the accident and your damages. At Brian Boyer Injury Lawyer, we have over a decade of experience and we have helped millions of people recover financially in Las Vegas, Nevada. A dedicated Las Vegas personal injury lawyer can help paint a clear picture of your damages to the insurance companies, and they will help ensure that you are awarded with maximum compensation. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Why hire Boyer Lawyer for your personal injury claim?
- Our Las Vegas, NV injury lawyers have over a decade of experience and we are available for our clients 24/7.
- Our team has recovered millions of dollars for injury victims.
- Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys are affordable and never collect an up-front fee. We work for you on contingency.
- We are ruthless insurance negotiators. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we have no problem fighting for you in trial.
Mr. Boyer is among Las Vegas’s TOP rated injury lawyers provided his commitment and dedication to helping victims obtain a full (and quick) financial recovery following an accident. He has repeatedly been named one of the best injury attorneys in Nevada due to his unmatched ability to secure top dollar for his clients. He is available to help his clients in-person or remotely.
Personal Injury Overview
- Personal injury cases we take
- What you should do after an injury
- Determining fault in a personal injury claim
- Statute of Limitations for Las Vegas personal injury cases
- Contact our Las Vegas injury lawyers
When should I hire a Las Vegas injury attorney?
Knowing when to hire a Las Vegas personal injury attorney is critical if you wish to file a successful claim. After an accident, you will have insurance adjusters contacting you almost immediately in an attempt to obtain information that can, and likely will, be used against you. To ensure the most beneficial settlement, you should contact our law firm as quickly as possible. By doing so, we can:
- Handle all insurance negotiations: Our legal team will handle all of the complicated communications with the insurance adjusters and other third-party entities who may be involved with your case.
- Conduct thorough investigations: Part of filing a successful claim involves proving negligence. We will obtain all video footage, witness statements, and medical records that will help support your case.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: We will ensure justice is served on your behalf by obtaining the maximum compensation available for your claim. We will not surrender to a “final offer” if it seems too low for the economic and non-economic damages you have endured.
- Fight for you in trial: If the insurance companies refuse a fair settlement, we have no problem fighting for you in trial. Our law firm has successfully tried and won many cases. We have the experience, the resources, and the determination it takes to ensure a successful verdict.
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to the negligence of another party, it is our firm believe that they should be held responsible. By hiring a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer, you can rest assured your case in is great and competent hands.
Types of personal injury claims we take
If a person becomes wrongly injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, the person who acted recklessly can be held responsible for the victims injuries. At our law firm, our Las Vegas injury lawyers take the following claims:
- Car accidents;
- Catastrophic injury;
- Defective products;
- Medical malpractice;
- Nursing home neglect;
- Public space injury;
- Wrongful death.
However, our law firm is not limited to helping the above-mentioned personal injury types. We have helped countless individuals recover from other types of injuries, including back injuries, broken bones, brain injuries, cuts and lacerations, disfigurement and scarring, and so on. Every injury case is different, and we are committed to putting our experience and expertise to work for you.
Steps to take after a personal injury
Understanding how to proceed following an injury is imperative in achieving a successful personal injury claim. If you have been injured, you will want to make sure you do the following right away.
- Report your injury immediately. Depending on where you were injured has a lot to do with who you report to. For example, if you were injured in public, you may want to report to the office manager or security officer at the property. If you were injured in an automobile accident, you’d want to contact the police.
- Remain at the injury scene until you’ve collected information like witness names and photographs, and you should make sure you fill out an injury report. If you were involved in an auto accident, you’ll want to make sure you collect the insurance information of all drivers involved. If you are too injured to do this, call someone you trust to do it for you.
- Obtain medical treatment. You should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you feel you are not “that” injured, you should not bypass this step. Sometimes, injuries such as a traumatic brain injury and nerve damage may feel minor at the time, but they can later develop into long-term disabilities if left untreated. If you’ve been injured and do not have health insurance, you still have options for treating. Call us to discover what these options are at (702) 514-1414. There is no reason why you should skip this step.
- If you were injured in a car accident, contact our dedicated Las Vegas car accident lawyer.
After all is said and done, the best way to protect your injury lawsuit is by contacting our experienced Las Vegas lawyers right away to ensure the best possible outcome.
Establishing negligence in a personal injury claim
Negligence is the basis of every personal injury case in Nevada. What we mean by that is that the plaintiff (victim) in any personal injury case has the responsibility of proving the defendant (negligent party) acted carelessly or recklessly, and their failure to issue due-care is what resulted in your injury. Establishing negligence is not always a straight-forward process. It requires time, experience, and research to adequately support the basis of any case, all of which you can expect when you hire a Las Vegas injury lawyer from our law firm.
By hiring our law firm, we will send investigators to the scene, we will gather witness reports, police reports, and medical records. This documentation can be used to further support your claim. Our attorneys will work diligently to ensure negligence is properly defined to strengthen your injury claim.
Timeframe for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Las Vegas, Nevada
The State of Nevada permits a two-year period to file a personal injury claim to collect damages from an injury. This rule is known as the Statute of Limitations. What that means is that you have two years from the date of your injury to file a personal injury claim. Any claim filed after this time frame will be dismissed by Nevada courts. If you are questioning whether or not you have a valid claim, please contact our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers as quickly as possible if you were injured in an accident to make sure the deadline is not missed. Once we have established negligence, our legal team will begin the personal injury lawsuit process by filing them in the appropriate Clark County court. Most people think that filing a police report is all they must do to begin the claims process. This is not true. Even if you have filed a police report, it is your responsibility to file a personal injury claim in Las Vegas in a timely manner.
What is my personal injury case worth?
As every case is different, it is nearly impossible to provide a figure at face-value. There are various factors at play, including the severity of your injuries, the treatment plan provided by medical professionals, lost wages, pain and suffering, and insurance policy limits at play. Generally speaking, the greater your injury, the greater probability of a higher payout. Injuries that we have seen pay out the most include brain injuries, back and spine injuries, and other catastrophic injury types.
The State of Nevada permits a victim to recover both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include medical bills, lost wages, and lost earning capacity. Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, and more. In some extreme cases, you may be entitled to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages (“exemplary damages”) are awarded when a person made a conscious decision to engage in behavior that could harm another person. Common examples of this type of damage include drunk driving, distracted driving, medical malpractice, and defective products.
What does it cost to hire a Las Vegas personal injury attorney?
It is a common misconception that accident victims need to pay money upfront to hire an attorney. At our law firm, we render our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. What that means is we do not collect an upfront fee. Regardless of how complex your case is. You pay nothing to our personal injury law firm until we have won.
If our lawyer is successful with your case, we will take the percentage of what we are owed directly from the final settlement. Our standard fee is 33 percent of the final settlement amount. Our lawyers never make more than our clients.
Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers are available to help you 24/7
As a personal injury accident victim in Las Vegas, NV, you are entitled to recover for your injuries and damages. If you have been in an accident that was not your fault, contact our lawyers today so we can begin the personal injury lawsuit process in Clark County. Contact our Las Vegas personal injury lawyer 24/7 for a free initial consultation at our Las Vegas law office at (702) 514-1414, or complete the contact form online. Thank you for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!